Saturday, December 29, 2012

The beginning of ?

Since publishing my first book, "Spilled", I have read over and over again that an author needs to blog in order to get the word about their work out. So, I am going to attempt to start blogging. I think there are a few things in my nature that are against the very idea of blogging. First of all, I'm male and we're not real big on sharing our feelings as it were. Secondly, I'm from the Great State of Maine. The people in Maine will give you the shirt off their back if you need it; they'll talk your ear off about the weathe or whatever medical ailments they have. What they won't do is share their feelings with you 'cause frankly it's none of your damn business. In spite of having those things running against me in this realm I'm going to give it my best shot.

I think it is only appropriate, considering that I am from ther northeast and don't want to share my feelings that my first substantial blog talk about on of my favorite movies, "The Boondock Saints". If you have not seen the movie and you don't have a problem with violence then you should watch this movie at your earliest convenience. In a nutshell it is about two good old Irish boys from Boston who decide to take the law into their own hands. They prove to be very effective deterrents against crime. It's a great movie.

Moving on, let's talk about two of my favorite bands, Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murphys. Both of these bands fall into the genre that is commonly known as Irish Punk. If you like rock 'n' roll and Irish music you'll enjoy them. Think my favorit song is "What's Left of the Flag" by Flogging Molly.

Now, on to other things. I guess that for now I will use this blog to promote my writing and if nothing is going on in that area, maybe I'll just try to post something wise, wonderful, and enlightening as frequently as I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment