Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Taylor Swift, Oral Sex, Kathy Griffin, the Rose Parade, Harry Styles, kissing, and Anderson Cooper

Hello everyone. Happy New Year to you all! I am going to try something new today. I looked up the top searches and stories today and will include them in my blog to see if it increases my readership. I think that it also says a little something about our society. Just a side note; the pluses in front of people names are supposed to increase my blogs visibility or something. We'll see.

So, I know you've been anxiously sitting there on the edge of your seat wondering, "J.E., tell us oh wise one of the top searches and topics of today. Tell us what amazing and intellectually stimulating things people searched for today."

Well, why don't you calm down there little fella and let me tell you what they are. Whether you subscribe to evolution, which states that homo sapien has been around for about 250,000 years, or creationism, which says we've been here for between 6,000 and 10,000 years, I think we can all agree on one thing. The human race has been around long enough that we have had time to develop some pretty lofty and noble ideas. So, what are the top searches of the first day of 2013?

1. +Taylor Swift - She kissed some guy on TV on New Years Eve apparently.

2. Clemson beat LSU at the Chick Fil-A bowl. Ok, so what?

3. +Kathy Griffin - Who apparently simulated oral sex on +Anderson Cooper, again on TV, during some networks New Years Eve show.

4. The Rose Parade - which, lets be honest....is a freaking parade!

5. The Fiscal Cliff - The financial crisis our country is facing, the fact that Republicans are not happy with the current plan, and that it may not pass.  Did I mention that Congress, once again, has decided that they are definitely giving themselves raises.

I am so angered by all this that I don't even know where to start. Should I start with the fact that apparently our country was more concerned today with who Taylor Swift was kissing, a football game, a comedian pretending to give oral sex to a reporter, and a parade than we were with whether or not the politicians we elected to represent us are doing anything to control the national debt or come up with a budget. Or should I start with the fact that the greedy bastards in Washington have voted to give themselves all a raise while trying to cut military retiree benefits in order to save money. I personally plan on finding out if any of the Ohio Congress people voted for this raise and starting a strong anti-them campaign. I am going to blast it out everywhere. I mean where does anyone with a vote in D.C. get off giving themselves a raise? We scream to the high heavens when a the leaders of a company in financial trouble give themselves a raise while workers are getting laid off. I've got knews for you. The United States is not just a country, it's also one of the biggest businesses on the planet, and all the people who can't find work right now. They are basically just laid off employees. Get the picture?

So, what can I, as a private citizen, do about it other than rant on my blog, which only 3 people read yesterday apparently? Very damn little. I can vote for the people I think should be in office and write letters and that is about it. Pretty damn sad isnt it?

I bet though if I put some stuff on the internet about Taylor Swift kissing some guy in the middle of the Chic-Fil-A bowl, while Kathy Griffin pretended to give Anderson Cooper oral sex in the middle of the Rose Parade that it would go viral in about 2 hours. Throw in some Kim Kardashian and Kanye West and I'd have solid gold. Why does anyone care about those two anyway? What has Kim Kardashian ever done with her life? And Kanye West, I don't believe that anyone really gives a shit what that ignorant moron says and I wish someone who has access to him would have the balls to tell him that. Did I mention that those two idiots are apparently bringing another life into the world? This kids gonna have a diamond encrusted pacifier before it leaves the hospital, but I bet it never learns to tie it's own shoes or change a flat. Now, the Mayans may have been wrong about the end of the world. There calendars cyclical by they way. You know, in a circle? So, it doesn't really have an end from what I understand. It just starts over. Anyway, all the stupid people may have been wrong about the end of the world coming, but surely the top news stories of the 1st day of 2013 is a clear sign that the end of the world is nigh. With that I will leave you little kiddies. Sleep well if you can and if you can't sleep well then join the club.  

4 comments:

  1. As far as sleep goes, well I'm definitely in the club. Oh I like and enjoyed your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not going to lie... The only reason I clicked in the blog is because I seen the you included Taylor Swift and Oral Sex lol. I wasn't sure where you were going with it. Overall great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much gentleman. I aim to please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I alway thought the Rose Bowl Parade was a family event. Cathy Griffin sure has ruined it for me....................Never imagined I'd have to censor. So glad my grandkids didn't watch!

    ReplyDelete